Brightwood Pizza & Bottle seeks to hire an Assistant General Manager to add to our dynamic team!
About the Role of Assistant General Manager
The Assistant General Manager is primarily responsible for ensuring a quality experience for every single guest who walks through our door (literally or virtually!). Leading the team in friendly hospitality, ensuring cleanliness and preparedness during lunch and dinner shifts, and supporting the Director of Operations with day-to-day tasks that help keep things running smoothly are all part of this role. Rather than hiring someone for an exact position, we prefer to get to know candidates’strengths and interests before deciding exact responsibilities and how they may fit into the team. Anticipated responsibilities of this role, however, include working lunch and dinner service, assisting with administrative tasks when needed, beverage stocking and inventory, assistance with ordering, scheduling, and managing customer-facing service staff. Assisting with the creation and implementation of system-wide practices that allow for consistency and efficiency apply to all facets of this position.
Successful candidates will be organized, detail-oriented, friendly, outgoing, email-competent, keep calm under pressure while also having a strong sense of urgency when needed, and will lead by example. Experience with or a passion for craft alcoholic beverages is strongly preferred. The nature of restaurant work means weekends and closing shifts are a must, but the restaurant closes on the early-side to allow for not too late nights and offers schedule flexibility where position. This position is expected to work 50 hours a week Wednesday-Sunday.
We’re looking for people who care about ANXO values the way we do!
● Have Integrity at All Times
● Safety First
● Positive Team & Collaborative Spirit
● Pursue Growth & Drive Continuous Improvement
● Do More with Less
● Full-time salary $52,000/year plus a share in the tip (typically an addition $10,000/year) ● Two weeks paid time off
● Additional paid sick leave
● Commuter benefits
● Health insurance
● Safe work environment
● Significant growth potential
● Collaborative team environment
● Paid training and on-boarding
● Passionate about our mission of providing exceptional customer experiences ● Dependable, reliable, punctual and trustworthy in performance of all duties
● Strong communication skills both in person and electronically
● Flexible work schedule, willing to work weekends and holidays
● Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
● Good rapport with customers and ability to keep a friendly face while tending to a busy bar
To apply for this position, please fill out this application by Sunday, September 25th at 11:59pm. Candidates will be notified on or before Wednesday, September 28th if they are invited to the second round.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give
instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.